ICOM unveiled IC-7400 at 2001 Ham Fair. The price is 218,000 yen, which is 20,000 yen
higher than IC-746. It looks just like IC-746, but its inside has drastically been
redesigned. IC-7400 uses a DSP-based IF circuit, which is very similar to IC-756PROII.
The outstanding features are:
- 32-bit floating point DSP and 24-bit A/D D/A converters.
- Digital IF DSP filter - user can change its shape factor during RX on the fly (just same
- High cost performance - 1.9MHz to 144MHz coverage, 218,000 yen
- Improved dynamic range with new designed RF and mixer circuits
- Clear TX signal with the DPSN modulation - better than IC-746 by over 10dB
- RTTY decoder with a DSP twin peak filter
- Manual/automatic notch filter
- DSP noise reduction
- DSP speech processor
- Digital mic equalizer
- Level adjustable noise blanker
- CW reverse
This is a very quick view of IC-7400. I will keep updating the information...........